Friday, September 26, 2008

Readings for week #6

Computer Network
Local Area Network
Management of RFID in Libraries
YouTube: Common Types of Computer Networks

I'm not sure if the readings are getting more clear or I'm really starting to get all of this, but I got a lot out of what we read this week. I have heard all of the terms mentioned before and now have a better understanding of what they mean and how they are all connected. I found it very interesting to learn about how the early networks came about and how, when they grew, they needed to develop broader based systems.
The YouTube video seemed to be superfluous after reading the articles.
I was enthralled with the RFID article. I have worked in libraries for 16 years and have no experience with this. We have always had barcode systems that have worked and have not looked elsewhere. I'm not sure how I feel about spending so much money on an unproven entity but the possibilities are interesting.

No comments: